Touching exhaust system during test can cause severe burns.
CARBON MONOXIDE (EXHAUST GAS) CAN KILL YOU
Exposure to exhaust gases produces symptoms of headache, dizziness,
loss of muscular control, drowsiness, or coma. Brain damage or death can
result from severe exposure.
Fumes from engine become concentrated with poor ventilation. Operate
engine in a ventilated area only.
While running engine, be alert for fumes. If someone is overcome, expose to
fresh air, keep warm and still; give artificial respiration if needed. Seek medical
attention. Administer oxygen, if available.
GOOD VENTILATION IS THE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST EXHAUST POISONING.
Start engine in accordance with TM 10-4320-307-10. Check control panel battery voltmeter. The
indicator should be in the middle or green band on gage.
If indicator is not operating in green band on gage, check batteries and electrical system (paragraphs 2-27 and 2-
If battery and electrical systems are operating properly, replace alternator.
If condition still exists, recheck batteries and electrical system, then replace battery voltmeter in accordance with