Concocting Suction and Discharge Hoses.
Connect suction and discharge hoses as follows:
The first pump in a multi-pump installation must use suction
hose on suction side of pump where vacuum is going to be
All other hoses in a multi-pump installation will
use discharge hoses making it necessary to have positive
pressure (not to exceed 30 psi) on suction side of pump, to
prevent hoses from collapsing.
(1) Close suction valves (figure 2-4,
1) and discharge valves (2).
(2) Release coupling half plug (3) from coupling half (4).
(3) Connect suction hose (5) to coupling half (4).
(4) Release coupling half cap (6) from coupling half (7).
(5) Connect discharge hose (8) to coupling half (7).
(6) Connect suction hose (5) to upline source.
(7) Connect discharge hose (8) to downline source.