NOTES for Pumping Assembly Model US636HCCD-1:
Be careful when draining oil. Hot oil can scald.
1. CRANKCASE OIL DRAIN AND FILL. Drain after operation when hot. To drain, remove plug at bottom of
crankcase sump. After all oil is drained, clean and install plug. Replace oil filter (NOTE 3.). Remove filler cap
from oil filler neck and fill crankcase with 16 quarts (15.136 L) of OE/HDO. Install filler cap. Operate engine for
5 minutes and check oil filter for leakage. Check crankcase oil level (NOTE 4).
2. OIL FILTER. Replace oil filter with every crankcase oil change. Remove filter element, clean seat, and
install new filter element.
3. CRANKCASE OIL LEVEL. Check oil level when engine is stopped. Remove dipstick and check oil level.
Add oil as required to bring level to FULL mark on dipstick. Insert dipstick fully.
4. OIL CAN POINTS. Clean and oil lightly with OE/HDO.
5. WHEEL BEARINGS. Refer to TM 10-4320-344-24 for wheel bearing removal, cleaning, lubrication, and
6. BRAKE ACTUATOR MASTER CYLINDER. Check brake fluid level. To check level, remove cover from
brake master cylinder, Add fluid as required to bring level 1/4 inch from top of opening. Install brake master
7. BRAKE ACTUATOR ROLLER. Clean grease and dirt from fitting. Using a hand-pump grease gun, pump
handle until grease appears around outside edges of roller. Wipe off excess grease.
8. HANDBRAKE LEVER AND CABLES AND CONTROL LINKAGE. Clean and apply a light coating of GAA.
Card 15 of 16